These earrings are so simple looking. You’d think I’d whipped them up in a few minutes. But no, not me. I have to do things the hard way.
Of course I could have purchased bead caps and stamped ones at that! I could have bought ear wires and headpins too. But I have to try making it all myself just to know I can. I did buy the the lampwork beads though, I’m not up to that, yet.
So I cut some 16ga copper wire and hammered the ends into a paddle shape for the headpins. I cut, filed, punctured, stamped. domed and oxidized bead caps. I even cut, shaped, hammered and oxidized these ear wires with a hook to secure them. Assembling the earrings was the easiest part. Finally, I sealed them with Renaissance Wax.
Simple looking, I know. Who would think I put so much work into them. After all, that’s why I bought all these tools I accumulating – letter and design stamps, doming/dapping block set, disk cutter, hammers, etc. etc.
I may try to reinvent the wheel yet.